Aroz Con Pollo
Ingredients (9-12 portions):
3x Handfuls Spinach
250 g Green Beans
1x Bell Pepper
1 Handful Fresh Parsley Leaves
1 kg Rice
1 kg Chicken Breast (or tofu)
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2x Chicken Stock
1 tsp Paprika Powder
1 tsp Curcuma Powder
2x tbsp Spanish Chicken Spice mix or similar
1.3 L Water (depending on rice)
1. Cut the chicken breast (or tofu) in smaller pieces and season with Spanish chicken mix, then let sit at least 10 minutes.
2. Heat a large deep skillet and add olive oil and the chicken, brown it on all sides. (2-3 minutes)
3. Then add chopped bell pepper, scallions, parsley. Add the paprika and curcuma powder. Mix well with the chicken (cook for another 3 minutes)
4. Add chopped tomato and rice and cook another 1-2 minutes.
5. Then add water, chicken stock and stir well.
6. Cut green beans and broccoli into small pieces (1 cm) and add to a skillet.
7. Cover and boil the rice until you don’t see water on top of the rice (about 20 minutes), then mix well scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pot, add additional water in case the rice is too hard and cover again.
8. Once the rice is soft, turn off the heat and let sit for another couple of minutes with the lid on.
9. Add chopped spinach, mix and fluff with a fork.
10. Serve as a warm or cold dish.